My Photo
Name:
Location: Buffalo, New York, United States

My wife and I share our home with 3 greyhounds, 3 cats, occasional foster dogs, and devote much of our free time to finding homes for retired racing greyhounds.

Monday, April 23, 2007

Kitty Hoynes (Syracuse) hosts The Goat


Did an overnight in Syracuse this past Saturday so Poor Ould Goat could play Kitty Hoynes, which is a real cool pub located in a relatively busy section of the city. I'm not familiar with the Syracuse night life, but there were a lot of people streaming in and out and it turned out to be the most enthusiastic crowd I've ever had the pleasure of playing in front of.

Booked a 3-star hotel room courtesy of priceline.com for only $45, and Kitty Hoynes treated the band to a fantastic dinner (I had the cedar plank salmon). The first set went well and so we took a short break and then started the second of three. Halfway through the set we did "Charlie on the MTA" and the place went crazy! They were singing along and screaming out choruses so loud that at times I couldn't hear the band. This continued into "Big Strong Man" and most of the other songs we did.

We ended up changing our plan to take a break and do a third set, and instead played a set that lasted close to 2 hours! People kept yelling out requests, and we'd play them, and then more people would come in and start singing and it just felt like if we took a break the place would clear out. When you are on a roll you, uh... roll with it right? An exhausting but fantastic night.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahem, oh, there was a book sale, AND a wing night? Another Spaghetti musician thing I guess... j/k.
I'm actually tossing books, mostly Dilbert, fiction paperbacks, and true crime crap. I have too many piles. The "museum of odd shit" is becoming cluttered....

7:57 PM  
Blogger betty machete said...

FREEBIRD!

11:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SUGAR MAG!

5:43 PM  
Blogger Jeff Jankowski said...

Sorry, I'm not familiar with either of those songs.

3:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home