My Photo
Name:
Location: Buffalo, New York, United States

My wife and I share our home with 3 greyhounds, 3 cats, occasional foster dogs, and devote much of our free time to finding homes for retired racing greyhounds.

Sunday, February 11, 2007

First Gig at the Irish Center

(Brian on bouzouki)

Played my first show with Poor Ould Goat at the Buffalo Irish Center last night. It was a fundraiser for the St. Patrick's Day parade and surprisingly, considering the freezing temperatures the turnout was excellent. This was the first of a half a dozen shows over the next month and it was a blast to play! Funny out of all the tunes, it was Johnny Cash's "Folsom Prison" that got the crowd warmed up. Probably because we had an early start and the crowd hadn't had enough Guinness yet.

I didn't get as many pictures as I wanted, but I'll work on that at future shows. Up next - The Great Guinness Toast next Friday at the Irish Center, with people around the world all hoisting a pint at the same time. Hey, I can play with one hand!



(RINCE na TIARNA dancers)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home