My Photo
Name:
Location: Buffalo, New York, United States

My wife and I share our home with 3 greyhounds, 3 cats, occasional foster dogs, and devote much of our free time to finding homes for retired racing greyhounds.

Thursday, October 19, 2006

"You Wanted The Best And You Got The Best...!"


Thursday Oct 26th at 8 pm, Regal Cinema will be showing "Kiss Live - Cobo Hall Detroit, 1976".

Hmmm...maybe I'll go and re-enact a little scene from when I was an usher at the theaters in the 80's. We were showing one of the Star Trek movies and of course all the Trekkies were out in full force. I remember pretty much just keeping my head down and tearing tickets mumbling "thank you" as they all strolled by, whispering and giggling in Klingon.

All the sudden I see a hand but no ticket. I look up a little higher and see a Spock doll dancing on top of the ticket box, it's owner masterfully manipulating him in a sort of Irish jig/polka/breakdance. Entertaining as that surely was, imagine my surprise when the doll actually spoke to me, saying in a high-pitched, very un-Spock-like voice "I don't need a ticket, I'm in the movie!". This of course brought the house down for the Trekkies, all of them chortling and clutching their sides in an effort to control the spasms. The joke was on me, the outsider.

The puppet master actually did have a ticket, and I let Spock ride this time. Wonder what type of reaction I'd get with the Ace Frehley doll? Ahh, forget it. The face paint will be good enough.

"Rock and Roll!!!!!"

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey ... watch it when it comes to comments about Trekkers! They not only set the standard, they have raised the bar!

8:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home