My Photo
Name:
Location: Buffalo, New York, United States

My wife and I share our home with 3 greyhounds, 3 cats, occasional foster dogs, and devote much of our free time to finding homes for retired racing greyhounds.

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Folkloric Productions Dance Co.


Got to play djembe (and the singing bowl) for a cool gig with the Folkloric Dance Company Sept. 8th and 9th. We provided the drumming for the Folkloric dancers at the beginning and the end of the show, and in between were able to sit back and enjoy performances by the Bellyqueen Dance Theater and music by Pete List.

A great evening of Samba and belly dancing, frantic percussion and looped music by one-man-band Pete List, who I have to say was reminiscent of Adrian Belew at Buffalo State awhile back. Pete would play a lick, record it and loop it, play over the top and record and loop that, sing and then harmonize over the top of it. It was mind-boggling to think that he could keep track of all of that, and the effect was mesmerizing. Unfortunately no pics of the bellydance troupe or Pete (sorry). Check out their sites instead!


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeff:
Very cool! I'm sorry I missed it.

12:46 PM  
Blogger Jeff Jankowski said...

I'll keep you informed on any others for sure.

10:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home