My Photo
Name:
Location: Buffalo, New York, United States

My wife and I share our home with 3 greyhounds, 3 cats, occasional foster dogs, and devote much of our free time to finding homes for retired racing greyhounds.

Saturday, February 03, 2007

Poor Ould Goat

I have officially joined forces once again with my former Mr. Wonderful Surprise bandmate Joe Bacon, and have become a member of his, Chris McGonnell and Brian Carney's Celtic/Irish band "Poor Ould Goat"

I'll be playing various handdrums, as well as attempting to learn to play the bodhran (kind of a frame drum played with a mallet). The band will be very busy playing various locales the next couple months - especially St. Patrick's Day weekend, and it's really exciting to be doing something entirely different musically.

I was a little nervous at first, as you always are with something unfamiliar, but the songs are just so much damn fun it's impossible not to relax and enjoy it! I mean, the titles alone make me want to dance (if I only knew how!):

- Jolly Roving Tar
- Worst Day Since Yesterday
- Batten Down the Hatches
- Scolding Wife
- Old Black Rum
- Rake at the Gates of Hell
- Raggle Taggle Gypsy

Check out the schedule of gigs on the band's web site, as well as the Irish Center site, and come and join us for a pint or two of stout!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home