My Photo
Name:
Location: Buffalo, New York, United States

My wife and I share our home with 3 greyhounds, 3 cats, occasional foster dogs, and devote much of our free time to finding homes for retired racing greyhounds.

Saturday, January 13, 2007

Michael Brecker, Saxophonist Passes Away


Very sad to hear that one of my favorite jazz artists - Michael Brecker, passed away today at far too young an age. The Brecker Brother's "Heavy Metal Be-Bop" was one of the first "fusion" albums my brother and I ever heard, and since then us and our friends continued to dig up as much jazz and fusion as we could find - all branching off of the great band assembled on that album.

Thankfully Brecker continued to record at an astonishing rate, and his solo CD's are highlights in a career that has far too many sessions to list in this blog.

Thank you for all the music and rest in peace.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

this has nothing to do with your post but check out this 4 yr old polish child prodigy drummer!

http://www.theglennskiis.com/igor/igor.htm

also youtube search for 'igor falecki'

(also click my name on this comment to go to one of the best websites ever...)

4:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home