My Photo
Name:
Location: Buffalo, New York, United States

My wife and I share our home with 3 greyhounds, 3 cats, occasional foster dogs, and devote much of our free time to finding homes for retired racing greyhounds.

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Recommended listening

A few CD's that I can't stop listening to lately:

Tuner - "Pole" - Pat Mastelotto (drums) and Markus Reuter (Warr guitar) with a bizarre collection of music ranging from songs that evoke The Sugarcubes to others that could almost be radio friendly until they get weirded up in the middle! Very adventurous prog-rock for those not afraid of experimental music.

Porcupine Tree - "Nil Recurring" - An EP of songs that didn't fit the theme of the "Fear of a Blank Planet" CD. More music is always welcome from what I think is the best band out there right now. Prog-rock meets Metal meets Pop. Amazing material.

Ani DiFranco - "Knuckle Down" - A gift from my sister-in-law Cathie and I think the most consistant and accessible collection of music from Ani yet. Sad personal songs, a little bit of anger and a little bit of humor. Fantastic lyrics and she also does some incredible guitar playing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home