My Photo
Name:
Location: Buffalo, New York, United States

My wife and I share our home with 3 greyhounds, 3 cats, occasional foster dogs, and devote much of our free time to finding homes for retired racing greyhounds.

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Making Love the Bruce Campbell Way!


Well, finally my computer is back up and I can share the fabulous story of the day Gigi and I met a famous movie star/author.

So we go to Borders at 6:30 to meet Bruce Campbell (see previous post for more details) and the lady at the door says "You need a number to meet Bruce and you have to have a book to get a number." No problem, cause I was buying one anyways. So I get the book and she gives me number 290! Two-Nine-Zero!! I thought there would be like 75 people at this thing and it turns out there were over 300! Grrrrr.....

Well we get in line and I can hear that he has come to the meeting table, but I can't see anything from my magazine rack position except for the freak in front of me carrying a bell, a glass jar, a headless James Dean lifesize cutout, a bathrobe and a wind-up lizard. Don't ask. Gigi goes up to hear some of the talk and then they start calling numbers about a half-hour after I get in line. "Now taking numbers 1 - 50". At least we know we don't have to stand there the whole time.

Needless to say, we browsed the store, read two magazines each, both of us started reading the book, had some coffee and desert and finally got back in line before (drum roll please....) MIDNIGHT! We actually got a second wind at around 10:30 and figured "what the hell, we've been here this long".

Bruce signed two items (the book and an Army of Darkness postcard I had) and posed for a picture with us. He told us to "stay groovy" and was actually really patient with every single person that came up. That is aside from the freak in front of me earlier. When the guy said he was going to "learn how to make love" and then opened Bruce's book and proceeded to lick the pages, Bruce told him to "get your s___ out of here". But he did say it with a smile!

All in all, very much worth it for us. "Stay groovy!" How cool is that!?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home