My Photo
Name:
Location: Buffalo, New York, United States

My wife and I share our home with 3 greyhounds, 3 cats, occasional foster dogs, and devote much of our free time to finding homes for retired racing greyhounds.

Monday, December 21, 2009

McCarthyizm Benefit with Poor Ould Goat

For the third straight year that I’ve been in the band, Poor Ould Goat played the McCarthyizm Christmas Party at Nietzsche’s in Allentown. It’s a benefit for The Friends of the Night People which provides meals, clothing and care to the city’s needy. 8 bands, two stages, and the turnout was really great this year. The last two years have had bad weather or the threat of a storm, but this year I was amazed to see people still coming in at 2:00 am. I’m not used to being out at that time anymore!

The Goat’s closed out the show, playing around 2 am until just before 3. Helen, the fiddle player from McCarthyizm joined us onstage for a half a dozen songs, and Joe McCarthy came up and did a couple with the band too. 6 people on a stage the size of a dining room table! It was like one of those “see how many people you can get in a phone booth” contests.

Once again, it was great night for us, and hopefully for the Friends too.

(Brian squeezes out a couple feet of real estate on stage)


(McCarthyizm rocks The Who)


2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

buy kindle : good blog
thanks
www.kindlefeatures.blogspot.com

3:54 PM  
Blogger Nimble Vagrant said...

Uhh...gee...thanks for the unwanted SPAM but I think I'll stay with the printed novel, thank you.

7:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home