My Photo
Name:
Location: Buffalo, New York, United States

My wife and I share our home with 3 greyhounds, 3 cats, occasional foster dogs, and devote much of our free time to finding homes for retired racing greyhounds.

Thursday, November 01, 2007

Rolling Hills Ghost Hunt

On Tuesday October 30th Gigi and I went ghost hunting with our friend Laura to the Rolling Hills Parnormal Research Center. They start you out with a tour of some of the "hot spot" rooms and a history of the building and it's former residents. Creepy stuff that includes electroshock therapy, an overfilled morgue, an orphanage and over a thousand deaths on site.

(our Ghost Hunter poses)

Then they let you wander.

There were some personal experiences such as extreme cold temps right next to warm spots, photographs that had large colorful orbs (though I didn't get any) and feelings in some rooms of dread. Aside from the photograph there was only one other experience shared by all. Gigi, Laura, a guide and myself were all walking up a narrow hallway back to the canteen to get some hot chocolate. In my left ear I hear a guys voice whisper "Have a good night". I take two more steps and we all stop at the same time and say "Did you hear that?" I look behind and see no one, and no one could have passed by without us pressing against the wall to let them pass. I see one other guy about 75 feet ahead in the gift shop so I have the others wait while I go up there and try talking to see if they can hear me back in the hall but they can't.

It could be the acoustics from an upper floor coming down at just the right moment. Odd because the building is a giant, run down, concrete and rusty steel mess that I'm guessing isn't acoustically perfect. We couldn't rule it out though, but it was a very odd experience.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home